Sunday, June 24, 2012

Doug's Gee-tar tattoo...


My good friend Doug Longland has wanted to cover up this tiny, sad little 
skull & crossbones for many, many years. So I sat with him while he described what he wanted and
I came up with the drawing below as I sat there with him, on the spot.



I did the tattoo in two sessions. After the first session I was not entirely happy with the tattoo, 
I felt I had tried to do more than I should have, maybe rushed a little bit. But when I did the 
'touch-up' finishing session, it went very well, and I was able to really pull the tattoo together,
and I'm quite happy with the final product, and Doug just LOVES it! 



This tattoo has healed beautifully and the shading
is quite a bit lighter and more subtle than it looks
in these photos. I'll post a photo when I get one.



0 comments:

Post a Comment